Pentax K-3 Firmware v1.01 Released
The first firmware update for the K-3
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on Dec 18, 2013
Pentax has just released its first firmware update (v1.01) for the K-3. It is available for download here.
According to Pentax this is what you get:
- Shorter processing time for HDR Capture
- Improved performance of continuous shooting when using phase-detect autofocus
- Extended display time for enlarged live view
- Improved stability for general performance
In other words, this firmware addresses a number of minor bugs in the camera rather than introducing new features. Check out the Pentax K-3 forum to see who will be the first user to report experience with the update!
Read on for instructions on installing the firmware update.
Pentax K-3 firmware update instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.