Pentax K-1 Firmware v1.10 Released
Adds Lightroom USB tethering support
By PF Staff in Firmware Updates on May 18, 2016
Ricoh Imaging has just released the first firmware update for the Pentax K-1. As promised in an earlier press release, the update adds support for USB tethering via the new Lightroom tethering plugin and the existing Image Transmitter 2 software. The Lightroom plugin itself was also released today.
Download the K-1 firmware from the official Pentax firmware site.
Official Pentax K-1 v1.10 firmware notes:
Pentax K-1 Firmware Update Instructions:
- Download the firmware ZIP file from this page
- Extract the file to a folder of your choosing
- Locate the extracted .BIN file and copy it to the root (top level i.e. outside of any folder) of a formatted SD card
- Fully charge your battery (firmware will not update at fewer than 3 bars)
- Insert the card into your camera's SD1 slot
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button
- Select "Yes"at the firmware prompt
- Once the screen displays "Complete", turn off your camera
- Power your camera back on and resume normal use
- In order to verify that the firmware update was successful, go to the firmware option under the setup (wrench icon) menu tab, and confirm that the indicated firmware version matches that of the update.
Note that all updates are cumulative, so the latest firmware version includes the contents of all previous versions.
Firmware Update Tutorial Video
See our in-depth coverage for more information about the Pentax K-1.