Good news for K-5 owners
Front-focus firmware fix
By PF Staff in Pentax Rumors on Feb 24, 2011
We've received rumors from multiple sources that a new firmware version - 1.03 - is under development for the Pentax K-5 primarily to address the recently-discovered front-focus issue. Once this firmwate fix is out, there should be no more known QA issues with the K-5, as it appears that units currently being produced are free of the nasty sensor stain issue that plagued K-5's from 2010.
Furthermore, our K-5 serial number database shows promising results by purchase date:
October, 2010: 16/27 K5's stained (59%)
January, 2011:18/49 K5's stained (37%)
February, 2011: 5/19 K5's stained (26%)
This suggests that as early-production K-5's are indeed being sent back for cleaning and disappearing from the shelves, replaced by new, clean models.
As a reminder: if you currently own a K-5 with the stain issue, you can send it in under warranty for cleaning/repair.
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Big Savings on Pentax D FA Zoom Lenses
- Win a Lens or Flash: PF New Year's Giveaway
- Ricoh R Debuts 360-Degree Video Streaming
- "Dominant Color" Photo Contest Winners
- Pentax K-70 eBook Now Available
- Make Your Images Pop with Topaz Clarity
- US Pentax Web Site Updated
- HD Pentax-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 Review Posted