Pentax 645D Limited Announced
Special edition commemorating Grand Prix win
By PF Staff in Pentax Announcements on Jul 13, 2011
In order to commemorate, Pentax has announced a limited-edition version of the 645D with an "elegant, laquer-finished body," gold lettering, and special box. Below is a complete list of features of the limited body:
- The body features a finely-crafted ruby laquer coat
- The grip has a semi-glossy black finish
- Lettering on the mode dial and logo is gold
- A faux leather camera strap with gold lettering
- An exclusive body cap with a glossy finish is supplied
- The top LCD panel has improved illumination
- A special center-spot-matte focusing screen (DS-80) is installed
- It comes in special wood packaging with a laser-engraved logo
- The latest firmware (v1.11) comes pre-installed
The camera will be built-to-order, and will soon become available for pre-order on Pentax's web store. Pentax states that each order will be fulfilled after approximately 4 months. As such, the total number of units produced will likely be lower than previous limited bodies (with 1,000 copies each). Each unit will cost approximately $15,000 (50% more than the normal body).
With this announcement, every high-end Pentax DSLR since 2006 has had either a limited silver or a Grand Prix version. See below for the complete gallery of Pentax limited DSLRs:
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Get Official Pentax Support on PentaxForums
- Pentax K-1 Lens Bundle Deals: Beat the Price Hike
- The Making of "Jacobite Train (Hogwarts...
- "Landscape in Monochrome" Photo...
- Cyber Monday Pentax Lens Deals
- Pentax eBook Black Friday Sale
- Black Friday 2016 Deal Roundup
- Pentax K-50 Firmware v1.10 Released