HD Pentax Limited Primes Review
A close look at the HD 15mm, 21mm, 35mm, 40mm, and 70mm lenses
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on Dec 4, 2013
In our latest review, we compare the new lineup of HD Pentax Limited primes to the outgoing SMC Limited lenses.
While the new HD 15mm, 21mm, 35mm, 40mm, and 70mm lenses share the same optical design and high-quality metal construction as their SMC counterparts, they have received rounded aperture blades, redesigned lettering, and of course Pentax's new HD coating, which promises to reduce reflectance. The HD Limiteds are also slightly more expensive than the old lenses.
The red rings on the HD lenses may look fancy, but how big of a practical significance do the other changes have in real-world shooting? Read the review to find out!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Big Savings on Pentax D FA Zoom Lenses
- Win a Lens or Flash: PF New Year's Giveaway
- Ricoh R Debuts 360-Degree Video Streaming
- "Dominant Color" Photo Contest Winners
- Pentax K-70 eBook Now Available
- Make Your Images Pop with Topaz Clarity
- US Pentax Web Site Updated
- HD Pentax-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 Review Posted