D FA 100mm WR F2.8 Macro Review Posted
Is it worth the new, higher price?
By PF Staff in Review Announcements on May 6, 2012
The SMC Pentax-D FA 100mm F2.8 WR Macro has become expensive in the USA after the price hike in the spring of 2012, but if you do a lot of macro photography in the outdoors you should in our opinion still take this lens into consideration. If you do not need the weather-sealing or if you want to use a wider range of close-up accessories you could instead try to hunt down one of the earlier Pentax macros, or take a look at the Tamron 90mm Macro, which is available for about half of that of the Pentax. Regardless of its price, we've found the 100mm macro to be one of the sharpest Pentax lenses out there!
More from the Pentax Forums Homepage
- Big Savings on Pentax D FA Zoom Lenses
- Win a Lens or Flash: PF New Year's Giveaway
- Ricoh R Debuts 360-Degree Video Streaming
- "Dominant Color" Photo Contest Winners
- Pentax K-70 eBook Now Available
- Make Your Images Pop with Topaz Clarity
- US Pentax Web Site Updated
- HD Pentax-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 Review Posted