Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2015, 01:43 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Slight movement on DA 40/2.8 - any cause for concern?

When I recently screwed the hood on my new DA 40/2.8 I noticed a small amount of movement of the front piece which has the lens info written on it. It doesn't move a lot and it doesn't feel like it's about to come apart but I just wonder if anyone else has had this happen and if it's anything that might become a longer term issue. Or is it something that's normal with the lens?

Should I send it back to the seller for replacement.

01-29-2015, 02:15 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There is a small amount of movement (noticeable just if I really try to move it), but nothing to worry about, I remember finding it in the same way as you, and this was years ago (it was my first DA Ltd). My copy is still performing great - and I'm using it a lot - and the movement is still the same...