Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

recamendation

i have a k20d with an old manual 70-200 mm micro lens. when trying to use the micro i cant get it to focus close enough to get a real micro shot. ( cmos sensor? ). what would be a good micro lens to get just for micro and would work with the k20d cmos sensor? a couple options as far as price range would be helpful. $300.-500
thanks

03-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Most zooms in that range say "Macro", but it really means about 1:3 magnifiction. The camera has nothing to do with that.

There are probably a couple used Tamron 90 macro lens in the forum marketplace, likely for under $300. I just sold mine. It will focus close - a 1:1 ratio.
03-28-2015, 05:35 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
F, FA, D FA 100 macro. Check the marketplace several options.
03-28-2015, 05:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Some options would be any of the current macro lenses (you can do the price check yourself); Pentax DA35Ltd, DFA50, DFA100WR. Tamron 90 (mentioned), Sigma 70 (the 105 is no longer available in Pentax mount if I'm not mistaken). And there is a magnitude of old manual focus macro lenses.

A note: longer focal length allows you to stay away further from the subject; less risk of bugs running away or the camera throwing a shadow over the subject.

03-28-2015, 10:06 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
the 105 is no longer available in Pentax mount if I'm not mistaken
Not as a new lens but still available as used. I just sold mine to a friend and bought it from Adorama's used section a year ago.