Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hood for Pentax SMC-DA 50mm f/1.8

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I don't like the RH-RA52 rubber hood that is suggested for the Pentax SMC-DA 50mm f/1,8. I want a reversible plastic flower shaped hood optimized for FF. Preferably one with a window for rotating filters. Any suggestions where i can find one?

Somebody here have a 3D printer and want to make one for me?

08-03-2015, 02:50 AM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know the SIgma 'Perfect Hood' that came with my Mini-Wide II 28mm does work very nicely on my DA 50mm.... it does not, however, have a window for filters...
08-03-2015, 03:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Somebody here have a 3D printer and want to make one for me?
You'll need to design one! because hoods with filter window are very rare to some Pentax's lenses.
02-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I post this on another 50mm 1.8 thread on here but I'll put it here also . I wanted the lens hood to be able to turn around backwards to keep it out of the way when not in use .Any squeeze grip hood that fits the 52mm threads will work just so happen to have a sigma 52 mm thread size so I use it . On the squeeze grips there is a top side and a bottom side .On the top side you can see threads that grip onto the lens threads and on the opposite side of the grip there is no thread groves so you have to use a small round burr to cut a undercut in it so it will grab onto the lens cap slots your going to cut next . place the lens hood upside down on the lens cap and mark the area of where the grips are with a pencil and use the round burr to cut a opening in the cap on both sides so the grips can fit into the opening . Cut a small undercut in the slot also so it will lock into place. It only takes a few minutes to do . This will fit on any 52mm lens threads . Here are a few photos of what I did. , , , , , ,

Last edited by pentaxk3user; 02-15-2021 at 11:55 AM.