Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2016, 03:40 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
To the new K1 owners.

Dear new K-1 owners,

I am just as excited about the new camera as you are. One day perhaps I will be able to afford one and some of the new lenses. In the mean time I have one favor to ask, could we agree to not allow the cost of older and vintage full frame lenses increase on eBay and the like? I looked the other day and what used to cost 50 now costs 75 and more.... Little ole me can no longer afford good old glass.... so please enjoy the new K1 but remember me when buying old glass and let's keep it cheap....

(Sarcasm btw)

In the immortal wards of Wayne Cambell "it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine" some day.

05-01-2016, 01:32 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by W.j.christy Quote
In the immortal wards of Wayne Cambell "it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine" some day.
Also remember this phrase too.... "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

The origin of which is possibly from the Roman poet Sextus Propertius gave us the earliest form of this saying in Elegies: "Always toward absent lovers love's tide stronger flows."

The contemporary version appears in The Pocket Magazine of Classic and Polite Literature, 1832, in a piece by a Miss Stickland: 'Tis absense, however, that makes the heart grow fonder.

And as for the glass side of things... I already have all the "Ladies" I can cope with, so it's not me pushing up the prices.