Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-29-2016, 10:33 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax K50 with aperture malfunction

I have a pentax K50 10 days out of warranty -- the repair bill is so much that I plan to just use the camera as is. Problem is i cant use any lenses with automatic apertures. I have one manual focus lens that works fine, but what i would really like is an autofocus lens with aperture ring. I am assuming if i bought say a 50mm F2.8 Macro, i could set the aperture at F4 manually and the camera could not over ride it unless its on the "A" setting?

To be clear -- when i attach a lens to the camera it opens the lens completely. When i fire a shot it always stops down to F22 or whatever the maximum reduction of light is.

I am looking for recommendations on cheap / budget friendly lenses that are autofocus but have an aperture ring. I bought this camera system for my sister -- its mostly just for learning so i dont think its a deal breaker that she will have to set aperture manually on the lens if that works.

08-29-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try contacting Ricoh- they might still let you get your camera fixed under warranty.

In the mean time, here's a complete list of Pentax AF lenses with an aperture ring:
Lenses with Aperture Ring, Autofocus | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-29-2016, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Try contacting Ricoh- they might still let you get your camera fixed under warranty.
Absolutely try this - and the sooner the better (like today) !
08-30-2016, 03:44 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I already contacted them, they promptly asked for proof of purchase to make sure it was within the same year. Then quoted me at $166 minimum + shipping. Thanks for that link, i knew about the lens database i didnt know you could search based on that criteria