Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone use Rollei Digibase CR200 Slide Film?

I am looking for any ideas on using this film from someone who has had some experience with it. The price at Freestyle is certainly interesting.

07-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have used some Digibase and found it interesting but also because of the way it's constructed light travels through it's base and allong it's length like a fiber optical cable. Subdued light loading only.

---------- Post added 07-06-2015 at 09:24 AM ----------

To be clear I used CN200 not CR200
Agfa Digibase CN200 Pro Color Negative Film | Wallace Koopmans Artlog
07-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I tried CR200 and I did not like it. The grain was ugly and the colors were wickedly warm. When used on a sunny day everything looks orange/red and when used on a cloudy day the images are flat. I think you need very specific light for this film. Considering the cost of the film and development I would avoid it. My recommendation is to spend your money on some good Fuji film.
07-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

And Freestyle's website says they're sold out.

However, their price on SIlvermax is really good right now, too, and that's a simply incredible film.

07-06-2015, 05:12 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
+1 on that Silvermax.

Amongst the black and white I like to filter in a roll or two of color slide film. I use a lot of Fuji but am not against trying something new occasionally.

Thanks for your feedback Boris. I did pick up some rolls but since you and I deal with the same types of light it may not turn out well. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
07-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
And Freestyle's website says they're sold out.

However, their price on SIlvermax is really good right now, too, and that's a simply incredible film.
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
1 on that Silvermax.

Amongst the black and white I like to filter in a roll or two of color slide film. I use a lot of Fuji but am not against trying something new occasionally.

Thanks for your feedback Boris. I did pick up some rolls but since you and I deal with the same types of light it may not turn out well. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Silvermax works even better processed as a slide film at DR5 Chrome (Denver). Much better than a negative.

Phil.
07-06-2015, 11:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Silvermax works even better processed as a slide film at DR5 Chrome (Denver). Much better than a negative.
I haven't tried that before. I ordered eight rolls of Silvermax (it's one of the films I want to do an All About Film video on in Q1 or Q2 next year) so I'll get some developed as positives. Good idea!

DR5 stopped doing black and white slide runs in May. They hope to have the service up again in September. I'm guessing that must have something to do with their store relocation.

07-07-2015, 07:57 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
I haven't tried that before. I ordered eight rolls of Silvermax (it's one of the films I want to do an All About Film video on in Q1 or Q2 next year) so I'll get some developed as positives. Good idea!

DR5 stopped doing black and white slide runs in May. They hope to have the service up again in September. I'm guessing that must have something to do with their store relocation.
Yep I got an email from them that some processing will be delayed while they move locations and the DR5 Chrome was one that would not be ready till September.

Fomapan R100 (true b&w reversal) is even better that Silvermax as a positive, but productions issues have it currently unavailable in the 135 format. (just 16mm movie film)

Phil.
07-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yep I got an email from them that some processing will be delayed while they move locations and the DR5 Chrome was one that would not be ready till September.

Fomapan R100 (true b&w reversal) is even better that Silvermax as a positive, but productions issues have it currently unavailable in the 135 format. (just 16mm movie film)

Phil.
I have tried 5 rolls of Fomapan 100

Not bad for the price and it's Local for me .

Shot in the city where it's manufactured - Hradec Kralove

07-09-2015, 02:33 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The five rolls I ordered have arrived so I will head for the hills with a roll or two this weekend. We'll see what Nevada Blue skies do with this film.

(Though with all the afternoon thunderstorms lately I may have to get up pretty early for some blue skies.)
07-09-2015, 06:29 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What? You have blue skies? We either have cloudy or more cloudy before it turns dark as the hail and rain come pouring down.

Good luck with the film! You'll have to let us know how it turns out.