Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2014, 04:12 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
LW, reverse macro and internal flash. Flash fire issue

Hi,

I got a reversed lens on my K5IIs, internal flash poped up, shutter speed 180, single shot mode.
When i go with live-view trouble starts. As soon as i press the button half way it leaves LW and goes normal (viewfindermode), but when i press all the way down it fires the flash.

Is there some setting i messed up to make it like this? I want it to fire the flash and not change "view modes" (alot can happend i macro during that short time)

07-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could the reversed lens adapter be causing a short circuit issue with the body contacts?
07-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If nothing is short cutted, the body will assume there is no lens attached. Is the reverse adapter anodized?

I don't have LV, but what happens if you do the same order of things without a lens attached?

I don't think LV should work without a lens, and whether the flash would fire may depend on a lot of flash related settings, and even be different for Pentax DSLR models.
07-27-2014, 05:57 AM   #4

Aside from this problem if the subject is too close the built-in flash is likely to not even illuminate the subject. A popular Do-It-Yourself solution is to construct a "snoot" or tube to direct the light from downwards from the flash towards the subject. Search on subjects such as "DIY Macro Flash" for ideas.

09-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Aside from this problem if the subject is too close the built-in flash is likely to not even illuminate the subject. A popular Do-It-Yourself solution is to construct a "snoot" or tube to direct the light from downwards from the flash towards the subject. Search on subjects such as "DIY Macro Flash" for ideas.
Yep, already have one of those. Tissue paper folded is enough to spread the internal, not myself an alluminum covered ice cream box for the external. Both works like a charm!