Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LCD Display Issues [VIDEO]

Hi guys,

I hope all is well with the community, I haven't actually been here in a while - well, to be quite honest I haven't shot much in a while. I just came back from Nevada, I was shooting some photos in the desert with my K-5 and this time I had some issues with the 3" LCD Display.

I tried searching for similar problems on the forum but most were related to the top display, not the main 3" LCD. During my shooting the 3" Display started acting out, best shown in the videos below:

Display acting out during picture preview:

Display acting out during shooting mode:

Has anyone seen this before? Original battery has been removed and replaced and issues continue.

Any help or suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

BB

09-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now that is interesting. Are there issues viewing the same images off camera?

Steve
09-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Steve,

Just uploaded the photos and they are fine. The issue first was only reviewing photos then I realized the display was also buggie in shooting mode.
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BBear Quote
Steve,

Just uploaded the photos and they are fine. The issue first was only reviewing photos then I realized the display was also buggie in shooting mode.
It would appear that you have an issue. I would suggest that magic Burning Man dust might be the issue, but since your camera is dust sealed, I would conclude that you have a problem with the electronics (you ruled out batteries).

Steve

09-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I thought it was the heat... as soon as I got home I placed it on the refrigerator and re-tried... same issue... so I am a bit lost here...

And yes, this same camera has been to the desert at least once - besides the K10d and even the Kx (not sealed, and survived fine).
09-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have seen the same problem on some LCD of other electronics things, like a smartphone and a laptop. The issue was the plug which connects the display to the electronics. Unfortunately you need to send it to repair to know what is wrong, I think so. By the way hopefully the repair won't be very expensive...
09-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
By the way hopefully the repair won't be very expensive...
What he said...

Steve