Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #1

What a deal on K-5 IIs package

Just received a package from Adorama. $596.95 for K-5 IIs body, D-BG4 Battery grip, Lexar 64 GB Class 10 SDXC card, Pentax AF-200FG flash, Pentax Gadget Bag, Tiffen DFX filter software and Pentax 2 year Extended Warranty. What a deal...thanks Adam for pushing these venders to put together package deals on great equipment. Can't wait to put it to use.

Have to wait till Chistmas. I saw this deal only for 1-2 days and glad I jumped on it. I have had Pentax gear for over 40 years and like the fact that I have the last flagship to bear the Pentax name front and back. I also considered the K-3 with the flu card but decided it wasn't worth the extra $$. I hope to tether the k-5 with PK Tether instead.

Last edited by Markitectonic; 12-17-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: adding more thoughts
12-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's an amazing deal! Congratulations.
12-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
That is a good deal, I went with the k5iis body for $496 thru adorama, just received it, feels real nice.
Cant have it till christmas day though.
12-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I got the K-5 IIs body, D-BG4 Battery grip, Lexar 64 GB Class 10 SDXC card for $526 deal from B&H. Very happy.

12-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I was planning to wait a few more months to get the K-3. I drooled over this deal for a few days before I couldn't stand it any longer. I bundled the already packed deal with the 50 1.8 for just $100 more.

UPS delivered the package yesterday. I spent some time with the setup and took a few test shots. I'm really impressed with the build quality as compared to my K-50. The first thing I noticed is that the front and back e-dials have grip and are not smooth like my K-50. The next thing I noticed is how quiet the shutter release is compared to the K-50 - not nearly as much slap. So far the only rear button function the K-50 has which I wish was included on the K-5 is switching between auto ISO and static ISO and easily adjusting the auto ISO range. Maybe it is there, but haven't run across it yet and it didn't appear to be in the manual.

Looking forward to some picture time with this thing. Awesome deal!
12-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rtmarwitz Quote
I was planning to wait a few more months to get the K-3. I drooled over this deal for a few days before I couldn't stand it any longer. I bundled the already packed deal with the 50 1.8 for just $100 more.

UPS delivered the package yesterday. I spent some time with the setup and took a few test shots. I'm really impressed with the build quality as compared to my K-50. The first thing I noticed is that the front and back e-dials have grip and are not smooth like my K-50. The next thing I noticed is how quiet the shutter release is compared to the K-50 - not nearly as much slap. So far the only rear button function the K-50 has which I wish was included on the K-5 is switching between auto ISO and static ISO and easily adjusting the auto ISO range. Maybe it is there, but haven't run across it yet and it didn't appear to be in the manual.

Mine came with firmware version 1.01 which I updated to 1.07. Very happy with the performance so far. I really like the added function of the battery grip with the ability to load AA battery's. Previous digital Pentax cameras are the ist DS and the K-01.
12-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rtmarwitz Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by Markitectonic Quote
Mine came with firmware version 1.01 which I updated to 1.07. Very happy with the performance so far. I really like the added function of the battery grip with the ability to load AA battery's. Previous digital Pentax cameras are the ist DS and the K-01.
Congratulations to everyone that took advantage of this killer deal. I've been very happy with mine over the past couple of years and hope you each enjoy yours as well. Merry Christmas.

Attached Images

12-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, OK, so now I have three
(I do like this camera)
12-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I asked Santa and he said - No big deal. So, I have been using mine since a bit after Thanksgiving. You know, just testing it out....

12-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks to a friend who was in USA at that time, got the body only for $496. First thing i noticed was the quiet shutter compared to my K30. Hope to put this to max use during the xmas break
12-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Markitectonic Quote
Just received a package from Adorama. $596.95 for K-5 IIs body, D-BG4 Battery grip, Lexar 64 GB Class 10 SDXC card, Pentax AF-200FG flash, Pentax Gadget Bag, Tiffen DFX filter software and Pentax 2 year Extended Warranty. What a deal...thanks Adam for pushing these venders to put together package deals on great equipment. Can't wait to put it to use.

Have to wait till Chistmas. I saw this deal only for 1-2 days and glad I jumped on it. I have had Pentax gear for over 40 years and like the fact that I have the last flagship to bear the Pentax name front and back. I also considered the K-3 with the flu card but decided it wasn't worth the extra $$. I hope to tether the k-5 with PK Tether instead.
Congratulations! I got one of the K-5iis deals also.
If you didn't buy the add on warranty and are in the US you should buy it now, it is a good investment.
Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)
12-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sunrepairer Quote
That is a good deal, I went with the k5iis body for $496 thru adorama, just received it, feels real nice.
Cant have it till christmas day though.
That is the deal I went for as well. The only negative so far is coming from the K-r I find myself putting my finger onto the front edial and moving it.

Bought it myself so did not have to wait and Saturday I took it for a walk with the new to me FA 20-35.
12-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
That is the deal I went for as well. The only negative so far is coming from the K-r I find myself putting my finger onto the front edial and moving it.

Bought it myself so did not have to wait and Saturday I took it for a walk with the new to me FA 20-35.
Congratulations. Its an outstanding camera, enjoy.