Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #1

Pentax k-r firmware downgrade

Hey guys, I recently upgraded my k-r firmware and it seems to cause some problems with video recording which I described in THIS thread.
Anyone know where can I find older version? I only found 1.14 firmware on official Pentax page, maybe someone have older version?
I think I upgraded from v1.07.

"If it's not broke, don't fix it', I need to remember this.

10-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can't downgrade firmware. However, I don't think that video issue is related to the update. You just need to find a video converter that's compatible with the K-r's codec (there are some threads on this as the K-5 suffered from a similar issue).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
You have the infamous clicking sound. It is also audible when you upload a video to You tube. You have to convert the video to another format first. Lots of free converters out there. I had the problem with my K-R and K-5. It's not that your camera is broken, Some say its the SR system but I haven't bothered to find out. Really BS that you have to do that though. Meantime I don't bother using video from K-5 because of that problem and the file size is so huge anyway. My little point and shoot works for my needs and is 1080p 30fps. Right tool for the right job I guess but still there is really no excuse for this in a high end camera with video.
10-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #4

Original Poster
I am pretty sure the issue is related to the firmware as videos I recorded before update work fine and I have never had such problem with audio clicking.
I tried many converters and the only one that works for me is Adobe Media Encoder, too bad that it's not free, I need to find another program before the free trial expires.
The second thing is that k-r is so bad for recording movies that I think it should not have this function at all. so I would buy another model. But I wasnt thinking about video recording when I bought it.

11-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
I'm pretty sure Avidemux supports MJPEG, it's free and opensource and works as a basic editor as well.

Avidemux - Main Page