Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Victoria, BC part #3 of 4
Posted By: jnguyen, 09-02-2013, 10:53 PM

On the remaining two days of our trip, we visited the Butchart Gardens and the Victoria Butterfly Gardens. According to Wikipedia, more than one million people visit the Butchart Gardens each year. It is designated as a National Historic site of Canada. Images below are of the Sunken Garden and Fountain. The rest were from the Butterfly Gardens.

Attached Images

Views: 809
09-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gorgeous gardens. Your images are really super nice.
09-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Did you go on a firework Saturday night? I worked in the Blue Poppy for a while and the amount of people that came in on that night alone is simply staggering. Thanks for sharing!
09-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have pictures from there I took 25 years ago, thanks for the update.

09-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dngr Quote
Did you go on a firework Saturday night? I worked in the Blue Poppy for a while and the amount of people that came in on that night alone is simply staggering. Thanks for sharing!
I worked there for a time while in University. 2 weeks in the summer doing some landscaping.

One night during the fireworks staff noticed some smoke coming from among the public viewing. A young woman's jacket had been hit by a small ember from the fireworks and it started smoldering. Staff, myself included, had to leap down and get her to roll on the grass to put it out because she and her partner hadn't noticed, but it still looked like it was burning the edges so it was ripped off and tossed in the pond. She had minor burns but still a trip to hospital. It turned out I knew her from school but it was dark enough I couldn't identify her immediately.

Beautiful photos. Lovely place. Takes me back.
09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dngr Quote
Unfortunately, we were there during the week. I would love to visit these gardens in the autumn.
09-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #7

Great shots. Looks like a wonderful place to visit.