Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Maldon in County Victoria (Aust)
Lens: Sigma 18-250 (on evaluation) Camera: PENTAX K-3 Photo Location: Maldon 
Posted By: Schraubstock, 10-22-2014, 03:17 AM

Hi

I am doing some promo shots for a Japanese travel brochure. Here are just a few samples.
Some of the smaller country towns are hard to (meaningfully) photograph. Often there is only one thoroughfare main street with shops on either side.

maldon - The way it was is the way it is

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 12-19-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Views: 941
10-22-2014, 04:54 AM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Brings back memories for me. Nice shots of an old town with lots of feeling. Thirty-five years ago I started doing pen and wash sketches of heritage-type buildings and Maldon was where I started. Did the Maldon Hotel (it was one of the sketches in my first and only catalogued exhibition in 1980 (a joint exhibition - not a one man show.) Also did the old bakery which (I think) is behind the tree in pic #1. Unfortunately my art took a back seat after I started studying seriously but I am always threatening to get back into it.
10-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
An enjoyable group of photos. This place reminds me of a lot of similar aging, small communities in Texas and other areas around the US.

Jer
10-23-2014, 03:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Brings back memories for me. Nice shots of an old town with lots of feeling. Thirty-five years ago I started doing pen and wash sketches of heritage-type buildings and Maldon was where I started. Did the Maldon Hotel (it was one of the sketches in my first and only catalogued exhibition in 1980 (a joint exhibition - not a one man show.) Also did the old bakery which (I think) is behind the tree in pic #1. Unfortunately my art took a back seat after I started studying seriously but I am always threatening to get back into it.
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
The old bakery is still there, if indeed it is the one you are referring to.
Looks like you are familiar with the location, so here is another picture, this time of the old Post Office in...

Greetings

---------- Post added 23-10-14 at 09:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
An enjoyable group of photos. This place reminds me of a lot of similar aging, small communities in Texas and other areas around the US.
Hi

I think it would and it could be the reason why so many Americans feel quite at home here when they visit.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Greetings

10-23-2014, 03:58 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice pics, Schraubstock. I've cycled between many of the Central Victorian towns over the years and love the quaintness still to be found in their main streets.
10-23-2014, 03:59 AM   #6
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
the old Post Office in...

Daylesford (but don't expect me to keep going like this!)
10-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote

Jer
Exactly the same thought I had when looking through the photos, most small towns have one main thoroughfare or a square where all the local shops are. A bakery, meat market, pharmacy, restaurant, and now the ever present and favorite a coffee shop with wi fi, lol.

10-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
...and now the ever present and favorite a coffee shop with wi fi, lol.
Exactly, and it looks a bit like this I bet. Why don't you come down and check out the place, you will feel quite at home in Oz, the natives are friendly and we speak your language - well sort of. I promise you'll have a wonderful time.

Thanks for commenting.
Greetings

P.S.
Just doing my bit for Tourism Australia.

---------- Post added 24-10-14 at 05:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Nice pics, Schraubstock.
Thanks Clackers