Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Lago di Toblino
Lens: smc Pentax-DA 15mm Limited Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Italy ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Pablom, 10-25-2014, 12:14 PM

Taken on our way from Lake Garda to the city of Bolzano in northern Italy. C&C is welcome.

Lago di Toblino
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr
Views: 1,136
10-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shot! How do you like that lens? I've been thinking about getting it and was just researching it today in fact.
10-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
The 15mm strikes again, a great image, well done.
10-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Nice shot! How do you like that lens? I've been thinking about getting it and was just researching it today in fact.
Thank you. I was hesitant to get the 15 limited because of said soft corners issue. I am very glad I did because even though the corners are a real problem in certain situations I learned to bypass it and I enjoy the magic of this lens that sometimes takes me by surprise (this photo for example, even though I like it, might use some magic I think - hence my request for comments).
I say magic because I don't know how to describe the qualities of the lens that make me take better photos. the ones I can describe are great colors, flare resistance, sharpness (when it shines), the famous star bursts and of course the tiny size. I am not aware of any super wide angle slr lens the covers the APS-C frame and is even close to the size and comfort of the 15.

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 11:33 ----------

p.s here are some more samples from this lens:

10-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
The 15mm strikes again, a great image, well done.
Thanks!

Looks like it got into Flickr explore. Anyone knows how that happens?
10-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #6

at F11 I dont think your going to have to worry about softer corners! Nice shot!
10-26-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Thank you. I was hesitant to get the 15 limited because of said soft corners issue. I am very glad I did because even though the corners are a real problem in certain situations I learned to bypass it and I enjoy the magic of this lens that sometimes takes me by surprise (this photo for example, even though I like it, might use some magic I think - hence my request for comments).
I say magic because I don't know how to describe the qualities of the lens that make me take better photos. the ones I can describe are great colors, flare resistance, sharpness (when it shines), the famous star bursts and of course the tiny size. I am not aware of any super wide angle slr lens the covers the APS-C frame and is even close to the size and comfort of the 15.

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 11:33 ----------

p.s here are some more samples from this lens:
Looks like it performs very well. Your Flickr pictures, although not very large on my monitor, look very sharp. The pictures of the cave especially looked good. I might go for it... can it take a filter, and if so what is the filter diameter?

10-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Looks like it performs very well. Your Flickr pictures, although not very large on my monitor, look very sharp. The pictures of the cave especially looked good. I might go for it... can it take a filter, and if so what is the filter diameter?
Filter diameter is 49mm like all the limiteds I think, although I must admit I never use filters of any kind.

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 22:43 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by harrisonww Quote
at F11 I dont think your going to have to worry about softer corners! Nice shot!
Thanks! :-)

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 22:46 ----------

For reference, here is another photo taken from more or less the same spot with a Sigma 24mm lens on Velvia 100 slide film (the scanner might be off with the blues, I'll have to see how the slide looks like):

by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr