Views: 804
11-01-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
Can you see it?

Every kind of critique is very welcome!
Ha! hilarious!
This composition is perfect in its own right, however I'd also explore the possibilities for a tighter crop...
11-01-2014, 05:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Ha! hilarious!
This composition is perfect in its own right, however I'd also explore the possibilities for a tighter crop...
You mean to remove everything that is more left than the big tree?
11-01-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You mean to remove everything that is more left than the big tree?
Yeah... sorta...
I'm thinking that one could leave the tree as a bouncer (maybe the right half of it) and position the trails quite low in the image (1/5), and get some sky.
This way however you lose the beautiful shape of the road, which leads nicely to the lower-right corner in your picture...

Or you could try cropping from the lower left corner with a 2:66:1 aspect ratio...

I like your picture also because of these apparently endless possibilities, the original one is the more "natural" of all, the others are perhaps more stylized.

11-01-2014, 05:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah... sorta...
I'm thinking that one could leave the tree as a bouncer (maybe the right half of it) and position the trails quite low in the image (1/5), and get some sky.
This way however you lose the beautiful shape of the road, which leads nicely to the lower-right corner in your picture...

Or you could try cropping from the lower left corner with a 2:66:1 aspect ratio...

I like your picture also because of these apparently endless possibilities, the original one is the more "natural" of all, the others are perhaps more stylized.
Thank you for your suggestions. To be honest I thought to crop it, but the only crop which doesn't remove nothing that I like is a square crop and I don't like the instagram-like aspect ratio, not for this pic.

---------- Post added 11-01-14 at 05:46 AM ----------

Yeah... sorta...

Thank you for your suggestions. To be honest I thought to crop it, but the only crop which doesn't remove nothing that I like is a square crop and I don't like the instagram-like aspect ratio, not for this pic.
11-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am enjoying your eye very much...I have seen a couple of photos by you and you defnitely have a very off beat perspectve....bravo!
11-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
I am enjoying your eye very much...I have seen a couple of photos by you and you defnitely have a very off beat perspectve....bravo!
Thank you...I am not used to receive all these compliments! I hope to improve... in the while, thank you again!

11-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I think it would be much more interesting when the car goes in the direction of the camera, and not along the road
11-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gor80 Quote
I think it would be much more interesting when the car goes in the direction of the camera, and not along the road
You mean the camera in the street and the car going to the camera?
11-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
Veteran Member

You mean the camera in the street and the car going to the camera?
sorry my bad english
not- if the car was on another road - on you.
not far away, but for you.
11-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gor80 Quote
sorry my bad english
not- if the car was on another road - on you.
not far away, but for you.
I think that you mean that it could be better with the car coming to me instead of going away, right?