Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A Couple From the Front Yard
Lens: Sigma 28-80 Macro Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Gilb ert, AZ 
Posted By: dakight, 11-22-2014, 10:23 AM

The weather is getting cooler and growth has noticeable slowed but still the hibiscus and roses are showing life. The first is a red hibiscus flower taken with a Sigma 28-80 at 1/160s and f5.6 (wide open).

This dusty pink rose was taken with a Pentax-A 50mm at 1/200s at f5.0.

Views: 748
11-23-2014, 03:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice rendition of the reds in the hibiscus with excellent details. I too have the Sigma 28-80mm macro and find it to be one of my sharpest lenses.

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
11-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Unfortunately, it was a used lens and the focus ring had a gritty feel and was catching in a couple of places. I put it on the camera again yesterday and the focus mechanism doesn't even work now; something is stripped inside. The Autofocus motor in the camera spins but the focus doesn't change. The manual focus still works but autofocus is kaput. Other than that it is a really nice lens.