Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Venezia - Ponte di Rialto
Posted By: flaviopetrone, 11-22-2014, 05:11 PM

Yes, in this one I've used more PP than usual and for this reason I would appreciate your comments even more.

Views: 1,821
11-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
Forum Member

I was there last Year, although pictures looks great, Venecia itself is quite ugly… but has something
11-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by darek Quote
I was there last Year, although pictures looks great, Venecia itself is quite ugly… but has something
Why you think this way?

I am italian but I've been there only twice. Last time, I was thinking that apart the history, one thing that is nice about Venezia is that it still survives even if it is invaded by tourists (like I was) night and day always! I think that I would never live in a so chaotic place now that I moved from Napoli and this was one of the reasons...
11-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful B&W image. I visited Venice in 1974 and I'd love go back.

11-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
Wonderful B&W image. I visited Venice in 1974 and I'd love go back.
Thank you!

Yes, I think that after 40 years you'll find something different, but the main part of the city is more or less the same, all the buildings are historical..
It's a nice place to visit.
11-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by flaviopetrone Quote
Why you think this way?

I am italian but I've been there only twice. Last time, I was thinking that apart the history, one thing that is nice about Venezia is that it still survives even if it is invaded by tourists (like I was) night and day always! I think that I would never live in a so chaotic place now that I moved from Napoli and this was one of the reasons...
It's crowded (normal), it smells funny, it's quite thight between buildings, lots of buildings are neglected…

I was last Year in EmiliaRomana district, my favourite city from this trip was Rawenna, much smaller, but fewer people and great monuments.
11-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by darek Quote
It's crowded (normal), it smells funny, it's quite thight between buildings, lots of buildings are neglected…

I was last Year in EmiliaRomana district, my favourite city from this trip was Rawenna, much smaller, but fewer people and great monuments.
I understand. I think that neglected buildings are something quite new due to the lack of money...

I live in Emilia Romagna!
Ravenna is nice but also all the other cities are little, with few people living there and quite nice to visit. If you plan to come again
please let me know, I would be glad to show you some things.

11-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that for a black and white image that has this much detail it is needed to add contrast as you have, so I like the results.
If not I don't think the detail would be as noticeable.
11-22-2014, 07:46 PM   #9

Lovely photograph! For me, the sky is a little dark and distracting... Just a little. I'm sorry as I mean no offense and am thinking you were asking for that kind of feedback. However, its beautiful and inviting
11-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's a nice majestic shot. It doesn't look overdone to me. The only thing I notice, and I don't know if it's processing or just the tone of the clouds, but there appears to be a slight halo above the buildings from the right edge to about the center.

Also, I loved Venice when I visited there many years ago (1985). A fascinating city with great character and history, plus we loved the food!
11-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you!

Yes, I think that after 40 years you'll find something different, but the main part of the city is more or less the same, all the buildings are historical..
It's a nice place to visit.
I'm sure you're right. Not much has stayed the same over 40 years. It seemed busy in then and I'm sure it's worse now...LOL.
11-23-2014, 02:26 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
neglected buildings
Venice is one of my all time favourite places to be and that's worldwide, the neglected sort of run down feel of the place just for adds to the charm for me.

It shares a common theme with my findings of Roma... that around every corner there's another photo op, for me Italy just rocks.
11-23-2014, 05:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I think that for a black and white image that has this much detail it is needed to add contrast as you have, so I like the results.
If not I don't think the detail would be as noticeable.
Yes, you are totally right. I like contrast a lot!

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 05:50 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TimesShadow Quote
Lovely photograph! For me, the sky is a little dark and distracting... Just a little. I'm sorry as I mean no offense and am thinking you were asking for that kind of feedback. However, its beautiful and inviting
I wouldn't take it as an offence neither if you had said that everything was wrong. The reason for which I share pics is for the feedback, good or bad is always welcome! Thank you for stopping by and leave your comments.

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 05:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
It's a nice majestic shot. It doesn't look overdone to me. The only thing I notice, and I don't know if it's processing or just the tone of the clouds, but there appears to be a slight halo above the buildings from the right edge to about the center.

Also, I loved Venice when I visited there many years ago (1985). A fascinating city with great character and history, plus we loved the food!
I think that it is because of the "strange" light conditions, thank you.
If you loved the food, you DEFINITELY have to visit the south of Italy... Trust me!

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 05:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
It seemed busy in then and I'm sure it's worse now...LOL.
Definitely!
If you took some pictures 40 years ago, you could take the same pictures today and make an interesting before/after serie!

---------- Post added 11-23-14 at 06:01 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Venice is one of my all time favourite places to be and that's worldwide, the neglected sort of run down feel of the place just for adds to the charm for me.

It shares a common theme with my findings of Roma... that around every corner there's another photo op, for me Italy just rocks.
I have not travelled so much outside Italy, but I am agree with you. What I really like here is that every city is very different from all the others. You can't say that you visited Italy unless you have travelled at least in 10/15 different main cities.
11-23-2014, 07:15 AM   #14
Veteran Member

That's a beautiful shot. Well done!
11-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I like this shot as well - I have never been will go one day there's beauty everywhere you just have to find it.