Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
47 Tucanae
Lens: DA*300 f4 Camera: K3 Photo Location: Canberra, Australia ISO: 3200 
Posted By: RobG, 01-25-2015, 06:57 AM

The best photos from this evening (more on Flickr).

I also saw a very bright orange shooting star, two satellites, a comet, Jupiter and four moons, the Jewel Box Cluster, the Magellanic Clouds...

Oh, also Venus and the Moon.

---------- Post added 26-01-15 at 01:06 AM ----------

And the beautiful southern sky. I'd have stayed longer but it got unexpectedly cold!

Views: 610
01-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Definitely a crisp shot of the moon. A reminder that someday I'll have to get a nice teleprime.

Though living in the northern hemisphere fairly close to canada, our definitions of cold probably don't line up, lol. It's about 29 degrees F here (-1.67 Celsius). I don't really consider that cold unless we have added wind chill on top of that.

You definitely have captured some very nice images for certain. Makes me a bit jealous as all we've had lately are nothing but cloudy skies.
01-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very well executed shots.......
01-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
Definitely a crisp shot of the moon. A reminder that someday I'll have to get a nice teleprime. Though living in the northern hemisphere fairly close to canada, our definitions of cold probably don't line up, lol. It's about 29 degrees F here (-1.67 Celsius). I don't really consider that cold unless we have added wind chill on top of that. You definitely have captured some very nice images for certain. Makes me a bit jealous as all we've had lately are nothing but cloudy skies.
Thanks! It gets that cold in winter here, but it's summer and last night I was in shorts and a polo shirt with only a very light jacket. Several hours in a light breeze at around 15C had my fingers getting chilly. If it was winter, I'd have had warmer clothes on! It never gets as cold here as it sometimes does in Canada. You can keep -30C! As far as I know, the lowest temperature recorded on the mainland of Australia was -18C in the mountains, and even there it doesn't often get much below -5C.

PS The high magnification shots were with the DA*300 and HD DA 1.4x TC. The wide angle used the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 which really struggles to focus unless there's a bright subject like the moon.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Very well executed shots.......
Thank you! I'll have to try some stacking - preferably in winter when I don't have to wait so long for the sky to be dark!