Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Blue Tiger Butterfly
Lens: Da*60-250 Camera: K3 Photo Location: Qld, Australia ISO: 100 
Posted By: clintox, 02-27-2015, 02:49 AM

I was out shooting some cars at a race track when I noticed all these butterflies kept zooming past me. This beauty decided to land right in front of me which means I had to take a step back to get the shot without startling it. This was the one time I would happily praise the Auto focus of the K3 mated to the Da*60-250. I have had plenty of times when the focus would decide not to focus on the subject at play, this time it did and I love it! The grass in the background creates for interesting Bokeh and works well for the colour contrast to the butterfly on the Green grass/ flower. I only cropped the image, I didn't bother with any PP as I like the natural look that has come out. I did attach my Instagram crop/ edit as well (again didn't really see the need to edit too much)

Attached Images

Last edited by clintox; 02-27-2015 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Added Photo
Views: 687
02-27-2015, 03:26 AM   #2

I find the bokeh a bit disturbing tbh, but stil a very nice shot. Especially because of the rather limited close focusing capabilities of the 60-250.