Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I can't make Japan beautiful
Lens: SMC PENTAX-FA 100mm f/2.8 macro Camera: PENTAX K-5 IIs Photo Location: Kanzaki, Japan ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Adam G, 03-05-2015, 10:17 PM

I can't bring myself to take the same, old Mt Fuji with snow, Mt Fuji with sakura blossoms, Itsukushima gate standing in the ocean in high tide at sunset photos that everyone else takes. So I went looking for new landscapes.

No matter what way I look, I can't find a scene devoid of industrial machinery.

So why shouldn't I embrace it?

I've been thinking about a small, personal project called Kyushu Winter, to stand as a stark counterpoint to the glorious clear days and snowscapes everyone else seems to find.

This is pretty much what I have in mind.

Attached Images

Views: 888
03-06-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I'd think that that would make for a really interesting "landscape" to explore--especially with that lens.

BTW, there's a Japanese gentleman who puts up some of the moodiest forest-scapes I've seen--much of which is done with Pentax gear:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96313642@N06/