Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pink As
Lens: smc PENTAX-D FA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Guyra, New South Wales ISO: 200 
Posted By: AussieTrev, 03-28-2015, 10:27 PM

... a flower. This has been edited in the new Apple Photos App. It has come out a bit soft on the web, so some more experimenting with export. So far it is more limited than I am use to, but then I use the plugins in Aperture which give some great scope. I think it does a reasonable job, for an amateur like me. I'll keep going and see if I warm to it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 870
03-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
IMHO there is a bit of noise in the shot and that is apt to make the image look a little soft so maybe using a noise reduction program such as Topaz DeNoiser or Noise ninja may help to crisp up the shot, just my opinion of course.
03-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
IMHO there is a bit of noise in the shot and that is apt to make the image look a little soft so maybe using a noise reduction program such as Topaz DeNoiser or Noise ninja may help to crisp up the shot, just my opinion of course.
Thanks EM. The Photos App doesn't have a plugin architecture yet, I was just trying out it's editing and see what turned out. The original isn't too bad, a lot sharper, so I think it is the export settings I used.

Unfortunately Topaz has dropped all support for Apple Aperture and their plugins no longer work. I have the Nik software suite and they still do in Aperture, go figure, perhaps Topaz isn't trying hard enough to keep up.

Anyway I did't even use the noise reduction in photos, but it looked okay on screen till I exported. More experimentation is in my future, just for fun.

It probably wasn't the best photo to pick either.
03-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I really dig the composition and color, Trev. In my Mac's monitor it looks a bit dim - but it kind of fits.

I just use Aperture and nothing else. I'm such a photographic luddite, I don't really understand what a plug is.

Jer

03-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

this has a painterly feeling to it Trev.
08-24-2018, 02:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
... a flower. This has been edited in the new Apple Photos App. It has come out a bit soft on the web, so some more experimenting with export. So far it is more limited than I am use to, but then I use the plugins in Aperture which give some great scope. I think it does a reasonable job, for an amateur like me. I'll keep going and see if I warm to it.
Awesome shot with great colours
08-25-2018, 08:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Awesome shot with great colours
Thank you.