Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
IR images with converted *istDL2
Lens: SMC Pentax-M 28mm F3.5 Camera: *istDL2 Photo Location: Kitchener, Ontario 
Posted By: fwwidall, 04-19-2015, 10:06 AM

I recently acquired an IR converted *istDL2 in the marketplace (thanks Frank!).

I've shot IR previously with an unconverted istDS, and a Sigma SD14, but having an converted Pentax camera is a new pleasure.

Spring is slowly arriving here so the vegetation is still dirty brown rather than luscious green, but I think the images came out pretty good. Hopefully you will enjoy them.

These were all taken early this morning at Victoria Park in Kitchener, Ontario.

I set a custom WB in camera using a sunlit patch of grass.

For post-processing I generally use auto color, contrast and tone. Then I adjust hue (+180) to bring out the blue skies and adjust other things to taste.

Enjoy.

Fred.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL2  Photo 

Views: 978
04-20-2015, 12:10 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i like your pics when you say converted you mean just the ir blocker filter has been removed ? as i would have expected more blacker skies and whiter glowing foliage from an ir photo
04-20-2015, 04:44 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes, the IR blocking filter has been replaced with a 720nm (or thereabouts) filter.

This allows for a normal view through the viewfinder as well as regular shutter speeds.

Apparently the amount of moisture in the foliage controls the amount of IR reflected, and we're just getting into spring here so the trees are still bare, and the grass not very lush.

Fred.