Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
A_Photographing_Moose_Kind_of_DAY
Lens: DA* 60-250 + HD DA1.4 TC Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: normhead, 05-24-2015, 03:06 PM

We went over to the Portage Store Restaurant for Lunch, and watched the prerequisite rookie dump into the cold water. On the way back we saw 4 moose, so here ya go, shooting moose, Algonquin Style.

Experienced photographer tries desperately to avoid photobombing my picture, not realizing, she was in my picture.

All in a day's work.

Last edited by normhead; 05-24-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Views: 1,765
05-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Experienced photographer tries desperately to avoid photobombing my picture
At least she made the effort, which is much more than many of the folk around here would.
05-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We have similar gatherings here along some of our tourist drives, if a koala is spotted.
05-24-2015, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Man, I need to just get in the truck and go on a moose drive some evening. I've been in this state for over a decade now and outside the ones in the backs of pickups ready for tagging I haven't seen one of the things since before I was married. My 10 year anniversary is coming up next year,

05-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
At least she made the effort, which is much more than many of the folk around here would.
Ya well, I think it's much more prestigious to be in one of your pictures than one of mine.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
We have similar gatherings here along some of our tourist drives, if a koala is spotted.
I don't have any koala pictures, I need to join one of those gatherings.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Man, I need to just get in the truck and go on a moose drive some evening. I've been in this state for over a decade now and outside the ones in the backs of pickups ready for tagging I haven't seen one of the things since before I was married. My 10 year anniversary is coming up next year,
The nice thing about moose is you don't really have to go looking for them. You just have to drive through their home while doing your other business, and sometimes they just turn up.
05-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The nice thing about moose is you don't really have to go looking for them. You just have to drive through their home while doing your other business, and sometimes they just turn up.
I had one race me before.

I've lost the video of the encounter to time, but I still have a photo from my "I'm gonna crap my pants' moment with it. Full story of what went down that weird day is at the link.

05-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Norm, great moose shots, excellent. Some of the other shots of human studies interesting too.

05-25-2015, 05:48 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd love to photograph one of these guys, so I can see why people gather with their cameras. Nice pics - and the thoughtful lady is refreshing. Could you send us some of that sunshine?

Jer
05-25-2015, 07:27 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Hey Norm, great moose shots, excellent. Some of the other shots of human studies interesting too.
These events turn into regular parties, people stop and gab by the road. I've had some interesting conversations stopping to shoot moose.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'd love to photograph one of these guys, so I can see why people gather with their cameras. Nice pics - and the thoughtful lady is refreshing. Could you send us some of that sunshine?

Jer
It must have gone your way Jer, it's pouring rain right now, the dogs are so bored they're spending the day sleeping, it's supposed to be like this for 3 days.
05-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Well done Norm - nice of them to come so close to the highway. Our national Parks are similar - lots of cars stopped generally indicates some kind of wildlife.
05-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I had one race me before.

I've lost the video of the encounter to time, but I still have a photo from my "I'm gonna crap my pants' moment with it. Full story of what went down that weird day is at the link.

Looks pretty wild.....

---------- Post added 05-25-15 at 10:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done Norm - nice of them to come so close to the highway. Our national Parks are similar - lots of cars stopped generally indicates some kind of wildlife.
When I've stopped out in western national parks it's been elk or grizzlies and sometimes mountain goats or long horn sheep.
05-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I think it's much more prestigious to be in one of your pictures than one of mine
You old smooth talker you... I can only hazard a guess why the lovely Tess succumbed to your silvery tongue.
05-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
You old smooth talker you... I can only hazard a guess why the lovely Tess succumbed to your silvery tongue.
I forgot to phone the Doctor today about my sore knee, the lovely Tess says she's going to kick my ass.
05-25-2015, 03:23 PM   #14
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

he lovely Tess says she's going to kick my ass
Well don't you go enjoying it.
05-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well don't you go enjoying it.
What's the fun in that?