Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photographs from today's set
Lens: SMC-M 100mm Camera: K3 Photo Location: Vermont 
Posted By: Vitzthumb, 10-13-2015, 06:43 PM

Two shots from today's set. I recently purchased two Paul C Buff strobes and am now looking to expand my studio.

The first is self portrait I took to organize my lighting, and the second is one of my favorites from the shoot.

Cheers,
Alex
Views: 794
10-14-2015, 12:51 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vitzthumb Quote
Two shots from today's set. I recently purchased two Paul C Buff strobes and am now looking to expand my studio.

The first is self portrait I took to organize my lighting, and the second is one of my favorites from the shoot.

Cheers,
Alex
Hello and I think you did a great job. I like the way you used the strobe on yourself, given the fact that you have dark hair, dark eyebrows, dark rimmed glasses, your beard and your jacket sans the fur collar. Your subject came out great also, which makes me envious. I really have a perpetual problem with producing the proper amount of light. I use a Nikon SB-24, reflective umbrellas, silver reflectors, etc., etc., but can't seem to get it right. Anyway, great job. Thanks,

Tonytt
10-14-2015, 02:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice shots. in the 2nd photo is the background white? if you WB correctly using histogram, skin tone might have been better, more punchier contrast. You have done decent job with the specularity on the cheek though. I am beginning to use the histogram more often now, and I see a marked improvement, Best of luck.