Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Colourfull night in town
Lens: Auto Chinon MC 50mm 1.7 Camera: K200D Photo Location: Toulon, France ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/10s 
Posted By: bygp, 11-25-2015, 11:38 PM

Took these yesterday night, lots of christmas ornementations yet everywhere in the city Shots will surely be better with my upcoming K-5 II

Old mediteranean church by night
by Bruno Polleri, sur Flickr

Ferries quays gate design close-up

Old mediteranean church by night

Christmas neons

Christmas & new year neons
Views: 836
11-26-2015, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Really nice colors--blues and ochre's, especially.
11-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Really nice colors--blues and ochre's, especially.
Thanks ! I've been helped to get a K5 II with its SMC 18-55 DA ED AL WR, will test this lens at 18-20mm and see if I keep it or sell it, 8000 actuations, 410 euro with this lens, surely will get better low light shots, expecting to have it in my hands the 8th of december So I should keep using my K200D for daylight shots with my (still dismounted) Vivitar series 1 70-210 3.5 (kiron) tank, heavy but producing so sharp shots.
11-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Added a few shot same day :

Corsica ferries by night

Quays by night

Night lights over trees

Christmas neons

11-26-2015, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

That's a great addition to an already good set--a lot of those old lenses have a lot a character! I think I like the second best...the stack of chairs in the lower right really has a neat color combination.
11-26-2015, 08:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
That's a great addition to an already good set--a lot of those old lenses have a lot a character! I think I like the second best...the stack of chairs in the lower right really has a neat color combination.
Yes, primes are realy the best, I've never had any decent zoom since I had my K200D, the last I bought (Vivitar series 1 70-210 3.5) was full of fungus on the middle optical block, and it's a pain to dismount it, and worst to mount it back, I give up and will get refund. Very unlucky with zooms. Best lenses I have atm are the Cosina MC 24 mm close focusing macro, the Auto Chinon MC 50mm 1.7 and the SMC Pentax-M 135mm 3.5 (which still need infinity focus calibration but produces awesome shots and has optics and mechanics in mint condition). So I'm fed up with zooms, and think I'll now only shoot with MF primes.