Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Springtime Blossom.
Lens: Pentax 18~55mm Camera: Pentax K100D Super Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Tonytee, 05-02-2016, 08:33 PM

I thought this would make a decent photo. After a little bit of PP for added brightness and just a smidgen of sharpness, I believe it came out very well. I noticed the piping along the edges of some of the petals due to the PP sharpening. Ooops, too late. Please enjoy and thanks for looking.

Tonytee
Views: 827
05-02-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Springtime Blossom Number Two.

I enjoyed working on this a lot. The clone and heal features on FastStones Image Viewer works very well, once a person gets the hang of it.

I hope everyone enjoys this pretty flower and thanks for looking.

Tonytee
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
05-02-2016, 11:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You're flower shots are improving in leaps and bounds......................well done.
05-03-2016, 01:26 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
You're flower shots are improving in leaps and bounds......................well done.
Well, thank you very much. Coming from you, I consider that just about the best encouragement available. I do have one in the critique section, entitled, The Noisiest Red Rose. I would be very grateful if I could get your opinion on it. Thanks, Mate.

Tonytee

05-03-2016, 08:02 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice Tonytee. Being a newcomer to the world of digital photography and the post processing of RAW images could you, or anybody, explain to me the term "piping"? I've not heard that one before. Thanks.

Last edited by DW58; 05-03-2016 at 12:19 PM.
05-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Very nice Tonytee. Being a newcomer to the world of digital photography and the post processing of RAW images could you, or anybody, explain to me the term "piping"? I've not heard that one before. Thanks.
I learned the term piping from my mother who was a clothing designer. For example, she would design a blouse, perhaps black, and from the neck down to the wrist she would have a thin, white line for contrast and style. Piping is caused in the photograph either by the camera, (such as my Nikon D70) or from over sharpening in PP. You can see some of the affect on the edges of my red flower photos. Unfortunately it tends to appear more on the color red. My Nikon D70 also has problems with the colors red, yellow and unless situations are ideal, the color brown. This is commonly referred to as, "Limited Dynamic Range." Which also means problems with metering. I hope this helps and thanks for the question.

Tonytee

Last edited by Tonytee; 05-03-2016 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Corrections
05-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I see it now. Having a mother who sewed a lot I've heard the term piping. With your explanation it makes perfect sense. I'll need to pay attention to that. I think I've been guilty of over sharpening. Thanks.

05-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
I see it now. Having a mother who sewed a lot I've heard the term piping. With your explanation it makes perfect sense. I'll need to pay attention to that. I think I've been guilty of over sharpening. Thanks.
My pleasure, glad I could help.

Tonytee
05-03-2016, 05:47 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Springtime Blossom Number III

I was going to post the pic., in the Critique Section, but thought, I already know the problems with it. Anyway, I decided it was still a lovely colored flower and I hope everyone enjoys it. Thanks for looking.

Tonytee
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo