Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Reflections
Lens: HD-DA 16-85mm Camera: Pentax K30 Photo Location: Norway, Trondheim 
Posted By: Janse, 05-25-2016, 01:41 PM

in old window glass.

Last edited by Janse; 06-07-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Views: 729
05-26-2016, 02:08 AM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, janse From someone who is just about as far away from you as it can get, the interest for me is in the building. I like the texture of the wood and the plants sprouting on the roof (is it a sod roof?) I don't get anything from the reflections, probably because I don't know what they are reflecting.But I would love to see more of this old building and its surroundings.
05-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Doesn't look like a sod roof, I think it's trees in the background. I also don't see much of a reflection. However, I do love this photo; the very unique windows and the old logs makes for a very nice image!
05-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Hi, janse From someone who is just about as far away from you as it can get, the interest for me is in the building. I like the texture of the wood and the plants sprouting on the roof (is it a sod roof?) I don't get anything from the reflections, probably because I don't know what they are reflecting.But I would love to see more of this old building and its surroundings.
Ok. Yes it is a sod roof with layers of birch bark under. Thanks for commenting.

---------- Post added 05-26-16 at 12:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Doesn't look like a sod roof, I think it's trees in the background. I also don't see much of a reflection. However, I do love this photo; the very unique windows and the old logs makes for a very nice image!
Thank you csa. Yes a sod roof it is and the small trees are growing on the rood.

06-11-2016, 06:48 PM   #5

There is something I like about this picture. Really nice.
06-12-2016, 01:03 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SuperSyx Quote
There is something I like about this picture. Really nice.
Thank you so much.
06-12-2016, 03:19 AM   #7
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Janse
I would still like to see a pic of the building in its landscape. I do a bit of art work with old buildings as the subject - mostly the places where ordinary people lived and worked. I don't do as much as I used to, or as much as I should. But I wouldn't mind seeing if I can interpret something on the other side of the world from just a pic. Here is an example of what I have done ("L Tree" is a reference to a tree marked by the explorer Ludwig Leichhardt in about 1850. His expedition disappeared without trace in Central Australia.)
Peter

06-12-2016, 04:36 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Hi Janse
I would still like to see a pic of the building in its landscape. I do a bit of art work with old buildings as the subject - mostly the places where ordinary people lived and worked. I don't do as much as I used to, or as much as I should. But I wouldn't mind seeing if I can interpret something on the other side of the world from just a pic. Here is an example of what I have done ("L Tree" is a reference to a tree marked by the explorer Ludwig Leichhardt in about 1850. His expedition disappeared without trace in Central Australia.)
Peter
Hi Peter

You must be, after what I see, talented as an artist. When I come across old buildings in their natural surrundings I will keep you in my mind.

Best regards Jan

Last edited by Janse; 06-07-2017 at 01:51 PM.
06-12-2016, 04:39 AM   #9
Forum Member

Nice contrast of textures.
06-12-2016, 06:00 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tabjohnson Quote
Nice contrast of textures.
Thank you.