Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Playing with ND filters...
Lens: M 28 f2.8 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Ottawa ISO: 400 
Posted By: IgorZ, 05-27-2016, 08:34 PM

I was playing with ND filters, but was surprised how bleak the image came out... Is that what they call colour casting?

Last edited by IgorZ; 03-20-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Views: 806
05-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
hmm, that's not the picture I wanted to upload... Sorry, can't seem to figure out how to delete it

Last edited by IgorZ; 03-20-2017 at 11:03 AM.
06-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
The water looks amazing with that long exposure. The trees lost sharpness as well though. Is that what you call bleak?
06-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sugatabanerji Quote
The water looks amazing with that long exposure. The trees lost sharpness as well though. Is that what you call bleak?
no, I was expecting trees not to be very sharp because of the wind. Here is an unprocessed photo without ND filter. You can see how much brighter the colours were in reality... I wrote this and then looked for the picture only to realize I didn't keep it... It was a bright sunny day, so the sky was deep blue and the trees were very green. You can't really see this in this photo - they look bleached. I guess that's the impact of the ND filter.

06-13-2016, 06:07 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
no, I was expecting trees not to be very sharp because of the wind. Here is an unprocessed photo without ND filter. You can see how much brighter the colours were in reality... I wrote this and then looked for the picture only to realize I didn't keep it... It was a bright sunny day, so the sky was deep blue and the trees were very green. You can't really see this in this photo - they look bleached. I guess that's the impact of the ND filter.
Thanks! I see what you mean now. It could be due to the ND filter, or due to the long exposure. I know my Pentax K-7 severely messes up the white balance on my RAW files when I take in-camera multiple exposure shots.