Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
newgrange
Lens: 16-45 Camera: K200D 
Posted By: Erikka, 06-26-2016, 07:14 PM

you have any idea how hard it is to get a pic of this place without any people in it? it took forever
BTW if anyone visit's the site choose you tour carefully as not all are allowed access inside to the ceremonial chamber, it's a ungodly narrow passage way, I had to walk sideways and ducking slightly, there is water trickling in as well ans NO photography of any sort is allowed inside, period!

Last edited by Erikka; 06-26-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Views: 740
06-27-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice photograph. Looks like Stonehenge off in the distance. I know this is not the Critique Section, however I am looking at the possibility of cropping down from the top. Interesting thay they do not allow for picture taking, since thousands of people visit this place every year. Do they charge an admission fee?

Many thanks,

Antonio

Last edited by Tonytee; 06-28-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Spelling Boo,Boo!!
06-27-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Very nice photograph. Looks like Stonehenge off in the distance. I know this is not the Critique Section, however I am looking at the possibility of cropping down from the top. Interesting thay they do not allow for picture taking, since thousand of people visit this place every year. Do they charge an admission fee?

Many thanks,

Antonio
umm they do charge, but going with a tour group is required, you can't simply show up... As far as pics inside, I suppose is because the fear of repeated flash since it's such a world heritage like site, and there use to be so many ppl walking around on the top that it was damaged so no ppl are allowed to do that either..... there are a few little out buildings at the site, sorta look like grain storage things or simple dwellings which you can shoot inside of tho, but there's nothing of much interest inside, just empty
06-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Erikka Quote
umm they do charge, but going with a tour group is required, you can't simply show up... As far as pics inside, I suppose is because the fear of repeated flash since it's such a world heritage like site, and there use to be so many ppl walking around on the top that it was damaged so no ppl are allowed to do that either..... there are a few little out buildings at the site, sorta look like grain storage things or simple dwellings which you can shoot inside of tho, but there's nothing of much interest inside, just empty
Tonytee here is an example of the other buildings there,

Attached Images

06-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Interesting pictures. I might of missed something, but where are these buildings located and is there any known history about them ?
06-27-2016, 07:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Interesting pictures. I might of missed something, but where are these buildings located and is there any known history about them ?
these are all on the grounds of newgrange, iirc are you walk up to the entrance of the main mound this one is to the right and halfway around, as if walking around the mound itself, is off to the right, also on the grounds somewhat off in the distance you can see other mounds that have yet to be unearthed / explored / studied
06-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #7

This has a clean feeling to it. I like it!