Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
North Cascades - Washington State
Lens: DA 20-40 ltd Camera: K5ii 
Posted By: troika, 09-26-2016, 06:23 PM

A few handheld landscape shots that I took last weekend in the Methow Valley and North Cascade Mountain range. Nothing spectacular, but I had a wonderful weekend that was only partly about taking pictures.

And thus endth my binge posting for today. As always, comments, advice, criticism, name-calling, and besmirching are always welcome.

Views: 808
09-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice series, although number two photo seems to be suffering from harsh sunlight. Did you deliberately intend to let that one get away from you? I often have the same issues on sunny days. However, a very nice series to view and study. By the way you left out, character assassination, verbal abuse and every @#@##$$% other name in the book. )

Antonio
09-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yeah...#2 had some issues and I made some decisions. First of all the difference in contrast from bottom and the top were pretty stark. But the real issue was that the original photo had powerlines running through the sky and a tree branch coming in from the left side which I found objectionable, to the point that I almost threw the photo away. You can see some splotchiness form my edit. I'm not sure that I saved it, but I made a run at it.

I've been bad this year about processing and sharing the photos that I take and I was determined to get through my full batch this time. This particular one probably shouldn't have made it.

I've also been struggling with white balance lately, which I though I was through with. The colors in #3 don't feel quite right to me. Pleasing, but not how I remember them. if I adjust for the sky, the foreground falls out and vice versa. I think I use the Lightroom graduated filter to work on this for a bit. I like the outcome, but it's not that faithful.

Thank you for your comments, Antonio!

Last edited by troika; 09-27-2016 at 09:08 AM.