Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Porst 55mm/f1.2
Lens: Porst 55mm/f1.2 Camera: K-5 IIs Photo Location: Amsterdam ISO: 80 Aperture: F1.2 
Posted By: newmikey, 09-30-2016, 05:00 AM

Received from an eBay seller in Germany a few days ago for a very reasonable €175 a Porst 55mm/f1.2 and I was somewhat suspicious (scratches, fungus?) but the lens is in pristine condition. Used my office lunch break today to wander around a bit an squeeze off some test shots. By golly, it most definitely IS hard to focus at f1.2 !!

I'd agree with anyone that this lens is nowhere near "sharp", certainly not wide open but wide open usage is why you acquire a lens like this of course."Dreamy" sounds way more correct and the bokeh is absolutely lovely.

I wanted to share a few with you (Click through to Flickr for the EXIF). Minimal processing as I'm at work and have nothing but a Windows PC which isn't a lot of help. A slight level adjustment and some unsharp masking is all I could manage using the ooc jpegs.

Last edited by newmikey; 09-30-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Views: 689
09-30-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's some legendary bokeh for sure!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: