Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Civil War Reenactment Photos & gallery link
Posted By: LaRee, 03-24-2009, 10:50 AM

A couple weeks ago I went to a Civil War Reenactment and had a great time taking pictures. In some cases it was hard to follow through on my vision of converting them all to sepia or the like because they came out so well and the nature of sepia conversions loses sharpness and definition. That said, I think they came out pretty good. It was a challenge to keep the civilization out of the backgrounds. I wasn't shooting in Virgina, there are big houses around the area on the hills, signs posted around the "battlefield" etc. So, without further blabber from me here is a sample and a link at the end.

and of course there must be a medic in a battle...

Here is the link to the whole gallery:
LaRee | Vista Civil War Reenactment March 2009
On the main page you can click "show all" and see all the thumbnails and pick and choose what you look at. But in my humble opinion, watching the slide show is the way to go.
Here is the link for the slide show.
LaRee

Oh and please feel free to leave comments when you visit the gallery. We all love comments don't we?
Views: 5,167
03-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Beautiful series LaRee. I love the action you captured in the first shot.

03-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done, LaRee!! Of course, they would have looked better if they were shot in Virginia. I live 4 miles from the site of the first Battle of Bull Run.
03-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you guys. I like the way everyone has a different favorite. And Tom, it would have been a MUCH better shoot in Virginia I know!

Here are a couple more for those who didn't visit the gallery link. The first one, the horse's feet are all four off the ground.

Thank you again for looking and commenting!
03-28-2009, 05:39 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Great series, love the sepia toning and oldish vignetting you added!

03-28-2009, 05:45 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OMG, I missed this...absolutely spectacular shots..bravo!....IMO, perfect 10/10.