Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #1

Meter scale on K200D

Hi I am new to the forum. I have a K200. Where would I find the meter scale? Not sure if I am asking it correctly. I am taking a course and the other cameras show a sliding scale on their display screen. Is it on the lower right when you are looking through the view finder once you partially hold the shutter button?

04-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gracerog Quote
Hi I am new to the forum. I have a K200. Where would I find the meter scale? Not sure if I am asking it correctly. I am taking a course and the other cameras show a sliding scale on their display screen. Is it on the lower right when you are looking through the view finder once you partially hold the shutter button?
That's where it should be, are you in M mode? I believe in other modes the camera will just indicate the exposure compensation setting numerically, though I'm not 100% as it's been a while with that particular model.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The K200D does show a numeric meter scale (no sliding graphics) in manual mode on the right bottom of the viewfinder and also on the right bottom of the top display. It shows only values in the range of -3...+3 (for <-3 or >+3 it will stay at this value).
It is shown in M mode only and (depending on your settings) replaces the display of the actual ISO value.

In some other modes there will be the valid exposure compensation value instead. In this case, as long as you press the OK button, this will change to another, configurable value. I have set this to show the estimation of the number of pictures the SD card can still store.

Last edited by RKKS08; 04-17-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: expressions improved