Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-22-2014, 06:31 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Cobra flash

I have been seeing references to something called Cobra flash, as in "you must have a Cobra flash for proper exposure." I seem to be getting pretty good exposure from my Pentax AF series of flash units either using on-camera bounce flash or bounce from a large bracket that holds the flash 8-12 inches above the camera itself. (I do not use bounce flash outside, only inside buildings having ceilings.) However, if my flash exposures can be improved with a Cobra, then I am interested. Someone kindly enlighten me!

11-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Just Google Cobra flash. They are just another flash unit among many.
Your Pentax units are far away the better ones.
11-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Cobra flash

QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
Just Google Cobra flash. They are just another flash unit among many.
Your Pentax units are far away the better ones.
Well, yes, thanks for this information. I did Google Cobra flash, and could not find anything special about them, and that is why I wanted to know if anyone else had found something special about them. I have never used or even seen one of them, My AF flashes TTL and PTL are providing me with excellent service.

:>)
11-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I have been seeing references to something called Cobra flash, as in "you must have a Cobra flash for proper exposure."
Can you please quote ONE instance of such references.

11-24-2014, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In French, every flash with tilt and or swivel is called a "cobra". Maybe that's where you hear this. Basically it means a hotshoe flash.
11-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
In French, every flash with tilt and or swivel is called a "cobra". Maybe that's where you hear this. Basically it means a hotshoe flash.
Interesting point. I cannot recall exactly where I saw this comment, but it may well be a difference in terminology rather than reference to the Cobra brand.