Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNERS! PROJECT 52-6-35-Shutter Speed - Fast
Posted By: jcdoss, 10-20-2014, 07:20 AM

Another week comes to a close, and our small but mighty group has soldiered on through another interesting challenge. The field was fairly sparse... only five participants this week. Let's see if we can double that for the next challenge! Tell your friends about Project 52!

Let's have a look at this week's photos

mtux: Nice use of fast shutter speed to freeze the action! Well composed, excellently exposed, and nice bright colors. Well done!

scomatic: Another classical use for fast shutter speeds... the race track! You submitted two excellent photos, but only the second was eligible for the challenge. I like how you managed to keep exposure up while using a super-fast shutter speed to freeze the action... but you allowed enough motion to convey the sense of speed. Add panning to that, and this had to be a difficult shot!

noelcmn: A frozen bird in mid-air! I used to live in a place that had tons of these swallows, so I know how difficult it is to get them in the frame. You managed to bag one almost perfectly, with enough headroom for an excellent composition. The only question I have would be, is that an African or a European swallow?

Bill2849: More birds, this time skittering about in the surf! I like the composition, but this one seems a bit underexposed. The heavy crop doesn't bother me at all.

patrick9: Even more birds! The subject here spills off both sides of the frame, and there isn't a clear single focus point. Technically, the shot is excellently exposed with a pretty fast shutter speed.

Nice job everyone, but somebody's gotta win. Without further ado...

#3: noelcmn
#2: mtux

and this week's winner and next week's judge

scomatic

Congratulations everyone, and thanks for participating. See you (and three of your friends) next week!
Views: 1,226
10-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh, that had to be the winner on this challenge-its so good-lovely sense of speed there. Great shots Scomatic, and congratulations- good control of the camera there! Congrats Mtux and thanks for the 3rd spot Jcdoss. Good entries this week, despite the few in number. Thanks for judging- as usual excellent job!
10-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for judging and commenting on all the shots JC . Congratulations on the win Scomatic and to Noel and mtux as well for placing.
10-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

thanks Jc for the comment... Yeah, it's really hard to shot, and even I wasted more than 200-300 of failed shot.
But anyway... I still like Mtux and Neol picture. Your shot is awesome.

10-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks JC for judgment and comments. And many congrats to Scomatic and Noel. well done guys.
Hope there will be more entrants this week.
10-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks, JC for the judging and comments. Congratulations to Scomatic, Noel and Mtux for your entries.
I hope there will be more entries this week, also.