Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Project 52-6-45-holidays
Posted By: noelcmn, 12-21-2014, 01:02 PM

Welcome to PROJECT 52-6 for the year 2014.

PROJECT 52-6-45-Holidays

Images for Project 52-6-45 are to be taken between the 22nd December 2014 and 28th December 2014.

Rules
1. Anyone and everyone interested in the challenge is eligible. The goal continues to be have fun and share comments, concepts, insights, and techniques
with fellow Pentaxians.
2. Each week will feature a Theme and Sub-concept for you to explore.
3. Post your single picture in Project 52-6 thread for the week. Explain what motivated you to take the picture and/or how you feel it represents the weekly
theme.
4. Some post-processing is OK (adjusting white balance, exposure, color saturation), but let's try to stay away from heavily PP'ed images here. Try to
keep the creativity to photographic techniques and the captures themselves.
5. Since this project is about technique, and not camera, shots taken by non Pentax cameras are allowed.Cameras may be SLRs, DSLRs, Point & Shoot,
Medium Format, et cetera.
6. There is one “Theme Concept” labeled “black and white,” but feel free to post black and white, sepia, monotone, etc., for any of the other themes.
7. The picture you post should be taken during the week in which the theme is active to be eligible for judging.
8. Any picture taken from thread start date to listed closing date is acceptable. You may request to submit a photo outside of the time frame, but its
acceptance is dependent on the judge of the week. Please try and keep to within a day or two (either way) of the week. This is to make allowances for
those that would like to participate, but for one or other reason, are not able to do so during the time given for the challenge, such as illness, weather,
travelling etc.
9. The WINNER of each weekly challenge is the JUDGE of the next week's Project 52-6.
10. The Facilitator (in this case noelcmn) may participate in the challenge, provided he/she is not the judge.
11. Closing date for the challenge is Sunday at midnight in your time zone. Late entries are accepted but subject to the acceptance by the current weeks
Judge.

The 2nd last one for this edition of Project 52- and the theme is "Holidays" , which also happens to be the theme (well related theme) of the monthly challenge which is "Holiday spirit". Who knows, maybe you will just capture that special shot for that challenge too and go on to win it. Originally it was going to be "Christmas" but I recognize that not everyone on the Forum celebrates that particular religious holiday, so therefore have made it more open. Once again it is pretty broad and open to your interpretation and you can use any lens, any settings, any technique.

The remainder of the challenge (if we had gone for a full 52 weeks) would have been lenses-somewhat akin to the "Single In" challenge to be found elsewhere on this Forum. So the Final challenge next week will be a lens related challenge.

Allow me to wish you all a very merry Christmas, filled with the love of family and friends.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/129-weekly-photo-challenges/282709-weekly...#ixzz3MZ0dfWGU
Views: 1,540
12-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

let me kick start...
12-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax q10 + 02 lens

Last edited by Weevil; 06-09-2016 at 05:15 AM.
12-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
No chance of winning this one! But here goes-Food and Holidays-well they do go together.

12-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is mine while we awaited the arrival of the family.

12-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I posted this before I realized that I was the judge, but I'll leave it up to encourage more entries.
We always play board games and such at Holiday get togethers

Last edited by ramseybuckeye; 12-28-2014 at 08:18 PM.
12-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

We used the holiday time to wander around the city, here is a shot of the "Batu Caves" some old Hindu temples into the caves nearby Kuala Lumpur

More photos of KL and other parts of Malaysia we visited during last couple of days are available in my photostream.

12-29-2014, 04:31 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Entries are now closed