Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
WINNERS: Project 52-7-15 - Landscape - Cityscape
Posted By: scomatic, 04-26-2015, 06:27 PM

TimPGH - Where is your picture?

ramseybuckeye - Sky is beautiful and nice traffic town you have there... an lovely place.. Overall, i think is ok, but if you can slow down the shuttle speed... to make light rail.. i think more nice.. How u think?

noelcmn - Yeah... I'm lost in cities too, and found no picture to snap for last week.. Anyway your picture is slightly over bright and yellowish... If with ND filter, the result might be better.

GrimWolf - A bit different from normal Cityscape...as it taken at riverside in town.. Nice building, and landscape u having there. But If zoom up, the photo isn't in focus... Is it?

Helena - Are you examination me to analyst your photo? Anyway... base on the photo, the background is abit busy with construction building only... Less interesting landscape.

Tamia - Wow... Cityscape in jungle? Anyway.. how you can get the signboard in colour only while the rest in B&W?

mtux - Nice mirroring photo, and combine with the Landscape of KLCC... Result = Astonishing!

I'm sorry for this challenge is abit late to announce the result.. Also the winner are even hard to choose from too, many warrior's photo is quite substantially good!

Here is the winner:
3rd place: ramseybuckeye
2nd place: GrimWolf

1st place: mtux

Thanks for joining the games.. see you in next challenge...
Views: 1,238
04-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congrats to mtux, very nice photo, and to GrimWolf too.
QuoteOriginally posted by scomatic Quote
ramseybuckeye - Sky is beautiful and nice traffic town you have there... an lovely place.. Overall, i think is ok, but if you can slow down the shuttle speed... to make light rail.. i think more nice.. How u think?
A little later in the evening maybe, but I was going for more depth and color here, plus this was handheld. Thanks for the challenge!
04-27-2015, 01:32 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't argue with that choice, lovely Mtux! Congratulations, and extended to Grimwolf and Ramseybuckeye. Thanks for the hint Scomatic, I'll try that. Oh and thanks for judging too! not many entries but still, Project 52 is alive! Now for some clouds.
04-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot Mehrdad/Mtux -- congratulations! Well done Grimwolf and Tom, too. Thanks for judging and commenting Scomatic. A tough job even though many of us couldn't enter a photo.

How did I get the signboard in colour while the rest was in B&W? I simply selected the sign and then excluded it from desaturation. A very primitive method using a basic post-processing application -- one of my first PP attempts. The scene was almost monochrome because of the season and the setting/light, and the sign was the only colorful bit.

04-27-2015, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks scomatic for judgment and placing.
congrats to Grimwolf and Ramseybuckeye.
I was just lucky to shoot this photo in the correct time frame.

Looking forward to your cloud shots.
04-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Great city shots. Congrats to the winners. I really wish I could have entered, but was not able to make it downtown last week. I've got tons of previous shots that do not fall within the time frame, but have been hitting waterfalls hard the last few weeks due to perfect water levels.