Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
WINNERS --- 52-7-16-Landscape - Clouds
Posted By: mtux, 04-29-2015, 07:23 PM

Thanks everyone for taking the challenge and challenging yourself. that's always fun.

let's first talk about your photos:

scomatic: You had a good time to shoot from the airplane window, your shot has good exposure and contrast, but what it lacks to me is depth and point of interest. adding a bit of the airplane wing could usually add more depth to the photo.

Tamia: You're rather dark processing of the photo is suitable for a stormy shot. but the bottom side is too dark for my taste, and the power lines don't add much to the story.
the clouds in your second shot are very interesting.

noelcmn: Your shot needs more time to find out what is going on, and that's at times good to keep viewer's attention for more than a sec. I like the clouds you've captured, here the power lines at bottom right side are working as a leading line, though it's still to dark to find out what's going on down there, specially at the left side, the darkness of clouds is blended into what looks like trees.

Kobie: The sun looks like a star! that's cool. the fluffiness of your clouds is nice, the blue sky is also pretty nice, and I guess it's not easy to run away from blown highlights when you frame the sun. now if there was a bird or airplane passing through the frame, that could make it even better.

todd: There I see clouds and landscape, so it's qualified. and I like addition of people (one or at most two, not more ) in landscape shots. and your model is adding to the shot, but here it is again too dark to see it. and based on the sun rays, I can guess it wasn't shot at night. If the bottom side and the person was brighter, I've been happier. LOL

slowpez: Now that's a real landscape shot with clouds. I like use of lines all over the shot, helps eye to look around and explore the shot. you've got three different set of clouds in one shot.

jcdoss: The very translucent feature of your cloud made it more interesting to me, and the blue sky, that's superb. it's like an abstract shot, needs nothing to add. but the theme (to me) needs some landscape in the photo.

K David: Before seeing your exif, I thought it was a long exposure, as it seems clouds are moving and blurred due to movement. but then I said huh? 1/60? but it's still interesting. and having the very far mountain in the shot, and being shot during sunset time adds even more interest to the shot. thought still adding more light to bottom left side will make it more interesting to me.

Yeah, people, I'd like to announce K David as the winner, as it's photo has a landscape and some interesting clouds, and the very beautiful sunset light.

Second place goes to todd. and slowpez gets the third place.

Thanks,
Mehrdad
Views: 1,285
04-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That was a beautiful shot K David. Well deserved win. Congrats to Todd also. Enjoyed reading all the comments. Well done Mehrdad.
04-29-2015, 08:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Enjoyed reading all the comments. Well done Mehrdad.
Thanks,
04-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow. That's a nice surprise.

Since there's already a 52-7-17, does that mean I should start 52-7-18?

04-29-2015, 11:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Since there's already a 52-7-17, does that mean I should start 52-7-18?
No, you should judge 52-7-17, that's the way P52 challenge works, winner is the judge for next week's challenge.
04-30-2015, 07:44 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Congrats K David! Beautiful shot
04-30-2015, 10:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
you should judge 52-7-17
Got it. I'll check it periodically and announce the winner May 5.

04-30-2015, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Congrats to K David, todd, and slowpez for your well deserved top finishes, and to you Mehrdad for judging and your thoughtful comments. I hope to return to regular action here soon.
04-30-2015, 11:32 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Strongly agree with mtux selection of winner here... Great picture!
My picture is just kinda simple... I sit at front role of plane, so unable to snap the wing picture...
05-01-2015, 01:03 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats K David, lovely image, and there does seem some movement as our judge noted, which has added a lot of drama to this,. Great stuff. Congrats too Todd and Slopwpez. And thanks Mehrdad, a fine judging exercise as usual, seems so thorough!