Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
!!WINNERS!! 52-7-31- Perspective - Wide Angle everything
Posted By: mtux, 08-29-2015, 11:33 PM

Sorry guys for this late result. TBH, I just forgot about it until late last night.
So here is my comments on your photos:

noelcmn, That's a wide view for sure. The row of boats seems to be the main subject of your photo, but I find it not placed well in the shot. there's a vast amount of emptyness on the left side, while the boats are chipped and left you wanting more of them or more of space on right side of them. You have done a good job on stitching and preserving colors and DR though.

ChristianRock, You chose a good place to shoot and a nice composition including some water in front of you and the birds which seemed to be main subject here. and the background. But the fact that almost a third of the photo in background is kinda burned highlights makes it harder to focus on the subject. in wide angle having enough and suitable DR in a vast view is usually a challenge. which should be dealed by either using HDR, or exposing for highlights and working on shadows in post.

Scomatic, I like your composition too. using lines to help the eye to move around in the photo. your choice of pp is also good. I like that as well.
You might not having a 18mm prime, but you have access to lots of high end gears.

ramseybuckeye, Now that's super wide. I like the feel of it, seems like we are standing in the middle of grasses looking toward the sun. You've done a great job managing the DR. and your lens has a pretty good flare resistance I reckon. Though at the end of the day, It needs something more to be more interesting.

So, I think the winner is Scomatic's shot.

Views: 1,291
08-30-2015, 05:56 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote

ramseybuckeye, Now that's super wide. I like the feel of it, seems like we are standing in the middle of grasses looking toward the sun. You've done a great job managing the DR. and your lens has a pretty good flare resistance I reckon. Though at the end of the day, It needs something more to be more interesting.
Congratulations Scomatic, very nice film like panoramic. Well done mtux, I wish there were more entries, such a great subject, I was lucky to get one in last week so sometimes it;s just timing. I'm very happy with your comment, because I was "standing in the middle of grasses looking toward the sun", and I agree it wasn't very interesting. Well done standing in the middle of grasses looking toward the sun!
08-30-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Scomatic, also like the lines in this one. Agree with Tom, pity there are so few entries on this one. Thanks Mtux for you comments and critiques, appreciate that. I should really have gone with just a good old plain 18mm shot. But thought I would give some stitching a chance.
08-31-2015, 07:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to scomatic! That was a great picture and worthy winner.