Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
WINNERS >> PROJECT 52-8-24- Architecture- Interior
Posted By: assa1, 06-21-2016, 03:04 AM

Thank you for your entries. Great stuff this week, as usually, I must say.

But I have to judge the competition and this seems to be quite difficult.

ChristianRock: Due to exposition, the outside catches the eye first not the interior which is underexposed. But I like the composition and colours of your picture.
Slowpez: Well done Susan. Good example of finding interior outside with a lot of details. Must be quite important place for young people in the neighborhood.
Tamia: Nice shot with very interesting details. Especially slanted beams of roof structure that divide the frame. And nests. Masterpiece of bird's architecture.
Noelcmn: Good composition of the frame. I like the colours.
EBirdy:Good point of view. The interior is interesting with columns and lightning but strongly backlit doors dominates too much. You should, may be, consider to slightly uderexpose the frame to obtain deeper shadows. Anyway nice try.
JensE: Good job Jens. You managed the distortion well. Very nice, warm coloured picture.
ttucker: Very nice job. I like the shadows and I think mirror ads some perspective which is very interesting. But composition of frame isn't perfect. Where is the floor? I miss it.
mattb123: Good job, I would really consider buying this property. Good frame and full of details. Great example of product photography.

As I mention above, all pictures are awesome but now I have to announce the winner.

First place: JensE

Second goes to CristianRock

And third is Slowpez

Thank you for participation and for your effort. Hope to see your pictures it this week competition. Thanks again.
Views: 1,112
06-21-2016, 04:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A big Thanks first to Noel for running Project52 so well and taking the time to always find inspiring images, and to Assa1 for quickly judging despite a busy schedule. I hope you find the time to visit a graveyard/cemetery this week as I'm looking forward to what you may come up with. I live very close to a 82ha park-like cemetery and I think I will still visit it and take a picture. Let's see if the theme can attract a few more submissions again.

Congrats to Susan for this really special interior and to Christian, your JPEG looks well balanced to me when not tortured with a white page background.
06-21-2016, 04:33 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
I hope you find the time to visit a graveyard/cemetery this week as I'm looking forward to what you may come up with.
I can't promise but I'll do my best.
06-21-2016, 05:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats JensE- love that shot. I find stairs so complicated to capture. Especially like the light/shadow play. Congrats extended to ChristianRock and Slowpez- wonderful images, as are all those entered in this weeks edition of Project 52. Thanks Assa1 for the judging and commenting exercise-always appreciated. Now for a visit to the dead center of town

06-21-2016, 06:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Jens. Wonderful shot. Congrats also to Christian. I would so love to wake up to the view from those windows everyday. Thanks for third place assa. Lots of great entries to choose from so I feel very honored.
06-21-2016, 07:22 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Congratulations to JensE for a wonderfully composed, beautiful picture of a sight people walk by every day and probably fail to give it a 2nd thought. That what a good photog does - makes the ordinary look great!

Congratulations also to Susan for that wonderful bridge picture with so many little details, and to all others - so many great shots, I don't envy assa1 for the job he had to do, but he did it very well if you ask me! The commentary is very appreciated, and thanks for 2nd place. As you said, the interior is underexposed and my intention was to lift up more details, only to find out I had shot it .jpeg... still, it is an accurate view of the back of my work building at the end of the day.

Today on my way to work I already scouted a cemetery looking for some interesting details... might have to do that route again tomorrow leaving a bit earlier to get my shot!
06-22-2016, 06:47 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
A big Thanks first to Noel for running Project52 so well and taking the time to always find inspiring images, and to Assa1 for quickly judging despite a busy schedule...
I second Jens' comments here. Congratulations to you, Jens, for your very appealing photo, both the architectural design and all the thought that went into that, as well as your depiction, which is equally well considered. Christian, well done and congratulations to you, also, for the well chosen perspective and presentation of a visually and architecturally interesting interior space. Susan, congratulations to you on your interior covered bridge photo. I like it a lot for its presentation as well as the view, since most people highlight the covered bridges' exteriors. Assa, thanks again for judging and commenting even though you're so busy. A tough business but you did a fine job.