Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
WINNER - PROJECT 52-8-31-People- Capture a stranger street style.
Posted By: ChristianRock, 08-31-2016, 01:46 PM

Hi all.

I was asked to judge the Project 52-8-31 challenge, since the previous challenge winner went AWOL...

First of all thanks to all who participated. Street photography can be a bit challenging because it is a genre that is already very, very established. But it looks like the participants had fun and all took nice pictures in the process I usually like to participate in those, but that week I was a bit too busy...

These were the entries:

eva - I like the mood of the picture and black and white always helps with that. Good exposure, good processing. The eye of the dad (I think he's the dad) looking at the camera while the son goes to the water fountain helps create tension. I do wish there were a bit more surroundings, but there is a style of street photography that focuses more on the subjects themselves, and this is an example of that.

noelcmn - This guy seems lost in his passion for music - and that is a good thing. The surroundings tell me he is at a park or something similar, enjoying himself early in the morning or (more probably) late in the afternoon. Not a care in the world. Just conveying joy. Technically, the picture is well executed.

aaacb - A mother running with her baby - a bit of motion blur helps accentuate the action. It might have been even more dramatic if there was even more blur, but it still works well. Where is she going? Why does she seem in a hurry? Or is she? And what is she looking at? In the meantime, in the background we see people enjoying the cool water in what might be a hot summer day. Technically, the framing is good but not perfect (but with snaps like that, it is almost impossible as you have to react so quickly), the processing is ok. An interesting capture.

ramseyebuckeye - A calm sunny day and a lady walks towards the camera with her sign, while another one walks behind her reading some piece of paper. Not exactly dramatic, more like a casual snap. The framing is not perfect - the "extra hand" is a bit distracting. At least the lady is fairly good looking

So I will only name a winner, not a top 3, due to the small number of participants... and the nod goes to

noelcmn

But it was very close between all 4

Views: 1,045
09-01-2016, 02:02 AM   #2
eva
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats to winner and all who participated.Intersting challenge . Shame because there were so few contributions

Eva
09-01-2016, 05:11 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh No! Christian Rock, yo are added to my enemy list . Thank you for that placing, and the taking on the judging exercise.