Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
Olivia

Can I use MC lens on K-50?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I want to check that buying this lens - Focal brand 28mm f2.8 MC will work on my K-50. I am a beginner photographer and this is a used lens. Will I need to buy some kind of adapter?

Cheers,
Olivia

08-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pictures? Link? I think Focal was the house brand for a retail chain. Maybe k-mart?? Your lens should work if it is k-mount without and adapter. But I think, not 100% sure, that they made some M42 lenses as well. If yours is M42 then it will still work, but will need an adapter.

Picture of the mount will tell all.
08-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Maybe k-mart??
Yep, K-Mart.

Steve

---------- Post added 08-29-14 at 07:36 PM ----------

Be sure to check for the Ricoh Pin before mounting the lens. Google "Ricoh Pin" for more information as well as images.

Steve
08-29-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep, K-Mart.
Did focal have M42 as well or only k-mount?

08-29-2014, 09:46 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Did focal have M42 as well or only k-mount?
In short, yes. I am aware of Focal being sold during most of the 1970s and 1980s.* During that time they were made in all the major Japanese camera mounts in much the same way as Vivitar.

Here is a link to a current eBay auction:

Pentax Fit Focal 200mm F3 5 M42 Lens Screw Mount Prime | eBay

Steve

* I quite shopping at K-mart about that time...
08-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
* I quite shopping at K-mart about that time...
I don't think I have ever been in a K-mart........ There were none anywhere close to where I grew up, and now, well it just looks scary. Although I do go to the farmer's market they have in the parking lot.
08-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't think I have ever been in a K-mart........ There were none anywhere close to where I grew up, and now, well it just looks scary. Although I do go to the farmer's market they have in the parking lot.
K-Martians are a step up from Wal-Martians...

And you have to experience the wonder of dozens of customers waiting in line while only one register is open at least once in life. But you'll have to be quick. It's not an experience you'll be able to have for very much longer. K-Mart and Sears aren't very much longer for this world...

08-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
And you have to experience the wonder of dozens of customers waiting in line while only one register is open at least once in life.
Is that like at Best Buy where they have 15 sales staff in the back wandering around waiting to pounce on you but only one poor, flustered, new hire at the register with 10 people in line?
08-30-2014, 08:22 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is that like at Best Buy where they have 15 sales staff in the back wandering around waiting to pounce on you but only one poor, flustered, new hire at the register with 10 people in line?
I don't recall ever seeing a K-Mart employee wandering around...

K-Mart employee sightings are a bit like Bigfoot sightings. They are said to be shy reclusive creatures, but the only people who claim to have seen one aren't really all that credible.