Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
Walter Marcinowski

Pentax pictures come out black?

This camera is only about two years old and people are telling me that it is shot. That the sensor is no longer working?

08-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which camera?
08-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

maybe maybe not......what mode are you shooting in? do you have the metering on matrix, center or spot<<<<that can make a huge difference..........
08-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It is quite possible that your friends are right. How to test depends a lot on what camera you are having problems with. With a Pentax dSLR, a quick check would be to place your camera in "green" mode and attempt to shoot a normal daylight scene. If you don't get a reasonably exposed photo, it is very likely there is a serious hardware failure.

Steve

08-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Don't forget to remove the lens cap...

Sorry, I am being facetious, but expecting useful help with such limited info is very optimistic of the OP.

Maybe we should work up from the very basics.

What camera is it?

Have you recharged the battery lately?

What mode is it in?

Check the contacts.

An old favourite from my computer days - did you turn it on?

And so on
08-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
This camera is only about two years old and people are telling me that it is shot. That the sensor is no longer working?
I am always amazed with the confidence some people have that others can simply read their minds. We know it is a camera, a Pentax camera, and a Pentax camera that uses a sensor. So that rules out a film camera.

But honestly without knowing what camera, no one here is doing anything but guessing. It is a DSLR? A point & shoot? A bridge camera? Are the pictures really completely black, or just very underexposed? Who is telling you that it is shot? Just 'people' or a service tech?
08-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Take the lens cap off?