Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
Mary Maher-Lehmann

memory card errors

I have an older model Pentax List D. I haven't used it recently, so I replaced the lithium batteries and got a new SD card. The 'memory card error' showed up immediately. I bought a second new card, and got the same message. Any ideas to fix this?

07-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mary Maher-Lehmann Quote
I have an older model Pentax List D. I haven't used it recently, so I replaced the lithium batteries and got a new SD card. The 'memory card error' showed up immediately. I bought a second new card, and got the same message. Any ideas to fix this?
Take the card and with a q-tip apply some alcohol to the card lightly at that and insert it multiple times into the camera . see if that worksl Oh before you do that what firmware version is on it? Because it wont read bigger than 1 gigabyte cards if it is firmware 1.00
07-25-2016, 05:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Do your firmware update and then don't forget to format the cards in the camera. Read up on that firmware update and make sure how large of cards you can use, I don't know but there could still be limits.