Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Q Mount Watch

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Here's an interesting promotional item that Pentax is offering with purchases of the Q10 in Japan Between December 1 and January 31. The 10 is at the 10 o'clock position and the Q is at the 9 o'clock because nine is pronounced "ku" in Japanese.

Google Translate

11-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just a little ugly haha

I wouldn't mind owning one though!
11-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Just a little ugly haha

I wouldn't mind owning one though!
Just a little. Wow, it's a watch even it's mother couldn't love.
11-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I like how the watch looks like the Q bayonet mount. They should have made it functional by actually using the Q mount. Then you could store your 01 prime on there while you're shooting with another lens. ;-)

11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
I like how the watch looks like the Q bayonet mount. They should have made it functional by actually using the Q mount. Then you could store your 01 prime on there while you're shooting with another lens. ;-)
Hilarious idea. I like it!
11-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
Hi devorama

That's the start of a great idea!

They should market body bayonet mounts so users can attach them to bags, straps, etc. This would eliminate a lot of fumbling with rear lens caps and keep lenses from rolling around in the bag. With the small size of Q lenses, users could find all kinds of ways to carry their lenses for fast and convenient changes.

Scott
12-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

No, you guys are totally missing the point. Not just a mount -- Pentax is introducing this as a fully functional camera, the Q100!

Pentax shall be hailed as a true visionary, by introducing the truly functional, interchangeable lens, camera watch!!! Dick Tracy had nothing like this. In the old days, everyone laughed (and many of us still do) at the concept of the cell phone camera .... who would have expected that you can't sell a cell phone today that doesn't have a camera?

Maybe "Q" himself will be demonstrating this to James Bond in the upcoming James Bond film, Skyfall. (Hmm, actually, it could make for clever, even if intentionally sarcastic, product placement!)

12-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Neat! (to revive an expression from my childhood). As a Q doubter who is now a convert and a happy Q shooter, I wish the Q line all the success in the world
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
No, you guys are totally missing the point. Not just a mount -- Pentax is introducing this as a fully functional camera, the Q100!
Pentax shall be hailed as a true visionary, by introducing the truly functional, interchangeable lens, camera watch!!!
Crazy, but...? Really, a mount on a watch, one on the mobile phone, one on a fully equipped camera: put your lenses on the device you decide to take with you. Actually a mount on the back of a phone around the camera module - normally just naked, but in case you want some more serious photography - there you are, you took the 01 prime with you :-)
12-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
I thought the Sony NEX had a patent on the small body/huge lens combo. ;-) It's not very Dick Tracy to have that telephoto zoom mounted on your wrist!
07-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

It's back:

Pentax Q10 Original Watch from Japan | eBay